31 December 2021
- 3 navel oranges
- 2 cup raw sugar
- 4 cup water
- 100g Lindt chocolate 70% cocoa
- Wash oranges and remove stickers
- Cut into round slices, approximately 5 per orange
- Place sugar and water into a wide saucepan
- Bring to a gentle boil over medium to high heat
- Whisk continuously until sugar is dissolved
- Place oranges into boiling water, boil gently for 5-10 minutes
- Reduce heat and simmer for 40-60 minutes, flipping every 10 minutes
- Continue until the orange peel starts to become translucent
- Transfer orange slices onto a cooling rack to dry overnight
- Melt chocolate over a double boiler, stirring continuously until smooth
- Dip each orange halfway into chocolate and lay on baking paper to set
- While the chocolate is still wet sprinkle sea salt flakes on top, or add your choice of topping; pistachios, coarse sugar or chopped nuts.
- Place in fridge for 15 minutes before serving
Make sure that you don't throw away your left over syrup which will be delicately infused with orange and can be used in cocktails or drizzled over sponge cake.
Make a large batch of these over the holidays to give to your family and friends, they are a super cute gift and will make your loved ones feel extra special. You can also serve these with coffee while hosting to impress your guests.